Software Licence agreement
SOFTWARE LICENCE AGREEMENT
1. GRANT OF LICENSE - The customer’s right to use the G4S software program and accompanying license key(s) (the "SOFTWARE") are limited to those rights explicitly granted under the terms of your contract with the customer. The SOFTWARE is in "use" on a computer or device when it is loaded or installed on a computer / device. This Software License Agreement additionally applies to any updates, supplements, or add-on components that G4S may make available from time to time. Software licenses are issued using unique license numbers. The customer is required, upon written request, to provide evidence to G4S and its resellers that it is fully licensed.
2. COPYRIGHT - The SOFTWARE is owned by G4S Technology Limited or its suppliers and is protected by copyright laws, international treaty provisions, and all other applicable national laws. Therefore, the customer must treat the SOFTWARE like any other copyrighted material. The customer may make copies of the software for support, testing and backup (including disaster recovery)
3. OTHER RESTRICTIONS – The customer may not reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or attempt to derive the source code of the SOFTWARE except as expressly permitted by law. The customer may not rent or lease the SOFTWARE, but may transfer its rights on a permanent basis provided the transfer applies to all copies of the SOFTWARE and all written materials, and the recipient agrees to abide by the terms of this Software License Agreement and the terms of any agreement with the reseller. Any transfer must include the most recent update and all prior versions.
4. LIMITED WARRANTY - The SOFTWARE is provided only subject to the following express warranty namely that (a) The SOFTWARE will perform substantially in accordance with the G4S supplied accompanying materials and Product Manual(s) for a period of 90 days from the date of receipt and (b) any G4S supplied hardware accompanying the SOFTWARE will be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use and service for a period of one year from the date of receipt.
5. CUSTOMER REMEDIES - The customer’s exclusive remedy for any breach of the above limited warranty shall be, at G4S 's option, either (a) Return of the price paid or (b) Repair or replacement of the SOFTWARE or hardware that does not meet G4S's limited warranty. This limited warranty is void if failure of the SOFTWARE or hardware has resulted from accident, abuse, misapplication, abnormal use or virus.
6. NO OTHER WARRANTIES - To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, G4S and its resellers disclaims all other warranties, terms or conditions either express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties, terms or conditions of merchantability, satisfactory quality and fitness for a particular purpose, with respect to the software, the product manual(s) and written materials, and any accompanying hardware.
7. NO LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES - To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, neither G4S nor any of its authorised resellers shall be liable for any other damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information, or other pecuniary loss) arising out of the use of or inability to use the SOFTWARE, even if G4S or its authorised reseller has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Liability in relation to the SOFTWARE, any failure of the SOFTWARE to comply with the above express warranty, or related to the results of the use of the SOFTWARE shall be limited to the amount actually paid by the customer for the SOFTWARE.
8. TERMINATION - Without prejudice to any other rights, G4S may terminate licenses in respect of the SOFTWARE and require each authorised reseller to terminate licenses granted in favour of reseller customers in the event of the customer’s failure to comply with the terms and conditions of this Software License Agreement. In such event the customer must destroy all copies of the SOFTWARE and its component parts as well as any accompanying documentation.
Issue 1.4 Dated: June 2018