Symmetry Access Control
Symmetry is a flexible and well designed Access Control System which is a great choice for organizations of any size
Symmetry Access Control Systems are designed to suit every type and size of organization from small offices and colleges through to government agencies and multi-national corporations.
One of the greatest strengths of Symmetry is the software which is very easy to use and contains a huge range of features to increase security and improve productivity of the security and facility management teams. Whether the customer's requirement is simply to issue badges to open doors, or if alarm management, video and other security measures are important to the organization, Symmetry will be a great choice.
Symmetry is an open system with many different options for combining security equipment and software into a single Security Management System which follows international standard for networking and integration.
New users of Symmetry benefit from the very wide range of up-to-date software and integration features used in 30,000 Symmetry systems already installed around the world. Symmetry is fully-featured, highly reliable and extremely cost effective for any size implementation.
Overview of Symmetry Access Control
- Symmetry is easy to use, extremely powerful and follows the latest Microsoft design guides
- It looks like Microsoft Office, so it is easy to learn and to start using extra features
- Symmetry expands beyond Access Control into a complete fully-featured Security Management System
- Role based user permissions hide everything that each system operator is not permitted to see
- Symmetry WEB software is perfect for mobile devices and occasional users
- Symmetry expands to suit large integrated, high security, multi-site, multi-national deployments
- Symmetry is available in Business (USA only), Professional, Enterprise, Homeland & Global editions, all sharing the same software features
- Employee information can be directly input or imported from HR systems or Active Directory
- Access can be configured for any date range, days of the week or hours of the day
- Multiple easy methods for setting access rights by access code, reader group, card reader or badge type
- Contractors can be set with specific access times and badge designs
- Ability to encode smart cards using encoders or during printing
- Many advanced features such as extended door unlock times for people with disabilities
- Multiple badges can be issued to each employee or contractor and original card details kept if cards are lost
- Multi-company and Permissions features deal with multi-tenant or complex environments
- A full Visitor Management system is included as standard
Personal Information & Badges
- Up to 50 items of user configured data can be recorded for each employee, contractor or visitor
- Personal data fields can be imported, made mandatory, selectable from drop down lists or set data formats
- Personal data items (such as department name) can be printed on badges if required
- Photos and Signatures can be imported or directly recorded in the Symmetry database
- Webcams can be used to take photographs for storage in the Symmetry database
- Badge design can be automatically adjusted based on personal data items such as first aid training or department
- Supports any windows compliant badge printer
- All personal data items can be withheld from system operators and security teams as required
- PIN codes can be manually or randomly allocated typically with 4 or 6 digits
- Fingerprint and Hand Geometry templates can be managed by Symmetry for selected biometric devices
Alarm Management & System Monitoring
- Sophisticated alarm management with filters, colour coding, sounds and 999 priority levels
- Alarm screens can show when doors are held open too long or are forced open
- Separate Current Activity screens show real time activity of all types across the system
- Video Verification screen allows security personnel to compare badge photo to live image
- Video integration allows any event on the system to trigger viewing of pre and post video clip
- Locator feature identifies last 25 movements of any card holder to track route and current location
- Card Watch feature allows alarm to be generated every time certain cards are used
- Standard reports show access rights and system activity
- Alarms can be monitored real time from multi-layer graphical maps
- Workflow module allows advanced handling of alarms for complex environments
Integrated Video Management
Symmetry Video Management is included as standard with every installation of a Symmetry Access Control System, making security operations more efficient while increasing the level of security. It's possible to connect just a few cameras for additional monitoring of specific areas, or Symmetry can manage the entire video monitoring and storage for an organization — either directly or through integration with a third party video recording system.
By combining Video with Access Control, video clips can be viewed from the Symmetry Alarm screen, cameras can be viewed from graphical site plans, and automated software triggers in Symmetry can display relevant video to control room security officers when any event occurs within the security system.